Saturday, August 09, 2008

Jalla Jalla - Minnesota Plates




Jalla Jalla Minnesota Plates 45 (Hiljaiset Levyt, 1991)

Ahhhh if the first sounds that came to mind when hearing the words "pop punk" were as spot on as Jalla Jalla's "Minnesota Plates," the 90s sub-genre would be spared the ridicule it deserves for bands like Squirtgun, 15, and the Riverdales. To be fair, you can probably throw Finland's Jalla Jalla on that list, because other than this gem of a song, I haven't heard anything else that justifies their decade long existence. No big deal. Plenty of bands have lasted for longer with nothing good to show. At least these Finns have one stellar song. --Scott S.

Minnesota Plates

Comments:
There's one song that justifies their existence to me and that one is "Hospital Waltz". Absolute classic, if you ask me. Released as a 7" on NKVD Records from San Diego about 10 years ago. Everything else I've heard from these guys has pretty much left me cold. "Minnesota Plates" was ok though.
 
Wow, great song.
 
I think the who;e of the album "Crumelur" (from which Minnesota Plates is taken) is an absolute classic. The song "Between Us" is my personal fave. Jalla Jalla never released any thing bad. This album though stands out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?