Friday, January 04, 2008

Rust - Full of Counterfeits




Rust Full of Counterfeits EP (Real Deal Records, 1999)

Here's another one of those frustratingly elusive late 90s Japanese pop-punk-waveish 45s that barely ventured beyond the shores of the rising sun. I found this copy in the only apparent venue for distribution this thing had in the USA: a Bay Area bargain bin. Anyway, the track here, Shameless Thieves, is a savory slice of Tweezers/late-period Registrators rock 'n roll, off of a 3-song EP by these gents Rust. The other two songs are perhaps a notch below this, so I stuck with the A-grade material.

My ability to rap about Rust's pre- and post-Counterfeits projects is as limited as my knowledge of kanji. Nada. Tuff. -Ryan W.


Comments:
I really dig all the obscure Japanese stuff you've posted- thanks again! Happy 2nd anniversary on the blog. Static Party is one of my favorite blogs out there and I always look forward to any new postings you all do.

- TONY
punkbusinessmanager.com
 
My new favorite song.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?